To control the pornographic websites, China's Minstry of Industry and Information annouced today five measures that the registrar (CNNIC) and domain name registration service providers shall do, .
1. Establish a blacklist of the the domain name holders whose website has been shut down by the government.
2. The applicants of domain names must provide all the informaiton for the name registration.
3. If a website is not approved to "record" by the telecommunications administration bureau, the affiliated domain name shall not be resolved.
4. Once a website is found "pornographic or illegal", the resulution of the affliated domain name shall be stopped, and all other domain names that the same registrant has held will be suspended to be resolved. And the registrant will be listed in the blacklist.
5. Investigate the way of coorporation, modes of advertisment and the way of connection between the regsitra/domain name registration servicer providers and their cooporative partners.
This time, based on this announcement, not only .cn, but also all the domain names registrated/managed in China will not be reolved unless the corresponding website is "recorded" (actually approved) by the government. And if one's webstie has been shut down, she may not be permitted to registrate new domain names.